Join Our Team
We are always looking for self-motivated individuals to join our team. Lucas Oil Speedway is an equal opportunity employer.
Seasonal Part Time (starting 2020 Race Season)
Controls actions of race vehicles through display of flags and lights, signaling Competitors to stop, slow, go, finish, etc.
- Maintains constant communication with track officials, in particular the Race Director and Scorers
- Makes constant observation of track and race vehicles, and immediately reports exact location and nature of any incident or accident, ensuring that appropriate flags and/or lights are displayed to warn drivers
- Sets a good example for peers with regard to punctuality, attendance, attitude and hygiene.
- Maintains constant communication with track officials
- Determines when all competitors are on the track
- Displays flags informing drivers when to
- Proceed with caution
- Accelerate to race speed
- Lineup as directed (pairs or single file)
- Exit Track
- Also displays flags notifying drivers of halfway point, 2 laps to go, 1 lap to go, move over for faster traffic, and to immediately exit track and contact an official
- Operates yellow and red flashing lights
- Notifies other officials of accidents or incidents by stating exact location and nature of incident
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications
- Minimum 2 year’s Experience
- Teamwork & Leadership Skills
- High energy level
- Excellent Non-Verbal Communications Skills
- Professional presentation and conduct
- Must be responsible and self-managed
- Must have excellent follow-up and tracking skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily.
AS A CONDITION PRECEDENT TO EMPLOYMENT, applicants will be asked to consent to a thorough background check, which will include a review of sex offender, child abuse and other criminal history records. Derogatory information discovered during this background check will disqualify the applicant from employment consideration.
About Lucas Oil Speedway
The Lucas Oil Speedway is considered by Industry Insiders to be one of the top five Race Tracks in the Nation. Located in Wheatland Missouri, about an hour north of Springfield and only about an hour and a half from Kansas City. Referred to by many as "The Diamond of Race Tracks" and it certainly lives up to that title. Twenty one luxury VIP suites, a giant HD Jumbo Tron Screen, Musco Sports lighting, a Bose Stadium sound system, Go Kart Track for all ages, The Diamond Bar, the best track food in the country, and the nicest pits in dirt track racing are just a few of the amenities that set us apart. In 2011 the Inaugural Diamond Drag Boat Nationals made a splash at the Brand New Liquid Quarter Mile, Lake Lucas. Known as the only purpose-built drag boat racing lake in the world, more than 140 drag boats competed in the first ever event.
We host some of the largest dirt track events in the Midwest featuring some of the biggest names in racing including: The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, POWRi Midget National Series, The Lucas Oil Pro-Pulling League, Casey's General Stores USMTS Modifieds, ASCS Sprint Cars, and The Lucas Oil MLRA.
The Lucas Oil Speedway 2018 season begins April 7 with the Big Adventure RV Weekly Racing Series opener. An open test and tune is scheduled for March 31.
For ticket information, including season passes for all events, contact Admissions Director Nichole McMillan at (417) 282-5984.
Lucas Oil Speedway is located at Highways 83 and 54 in Wheatland, Missouri. A campground with shower and bathroom facilities is also available. With its entrance located just outside the pit gate this sprawling scenic camping facility will continue to enhance the racing experience at the Diamond of Dirt Tracks.
Click LucasOilSpeedway.com for more information and detailed directions to the speedway or call the Track Hotline at (417) 282-5984.